Hours & Admission
Tuesday - Sunday, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Daily, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Memory and Exhibit Halls close at 4:30 p.m., Wylie Gallery closes at 4:45 p.m. and the last ride to the top of the Liberty Memorial Tower* is at 4:15 p.m.
The Museum and Memorial is closed on Mondays during the regular season, and on the following additional dates in 2018:
- Closing early (2 p.m.) on Saturday, Sept. 15, 2018 (Night at the Tower)
- Closed on Thursday, Nov. 22, 2018 (Thanksgiving)
- Closed on Tuesday, Dec. 25, 2018 (Christmas Day)
The Museum and Memorial is open 7 days a week during the summer, from Memorial Day (May 28, 2018) and through Labor Day (Sept. 3, 2018).
General Admission includes access to the Main Gallery, Exhibit Hall, Memory Hall and Ellis Gallery on two consecutive days. (If purchased Sunday and we are closed Monday, the second day will be Tuesday.)
The Museum and Memorial accepts cash, travelers checks, company/organization checks and MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover. There is also an on-site ATM machine available.
Complimentary guided tours are currently offered with paid admission for up to 25 individuals on Thursdays at 2:30 p.m. Tour availability is on a first come, first serve basis with wristbands available at the ticketing window.
The Museum and Memorial is committed to making its collections, buildings, programs and services accessible to all audiences. All galleries are accessible to wheelchair/scooter users and other visitors who need to avoid stairs. Unfortunately, the Liberty Memorial Tower (built in 1926) is not accessible to wheelchairs. To reach the top of the Tower, one must ride an elevator and then climb 45 steps.
- There are a limited number of wheelchairs and scooters (18+ and driver's license required) available for free at Guest Services on a first-come, first-served basis. Advance reservations are not allowed.
- Service animals are welcome in the National WWI Museum and Memorial.
- Free parking (including handicapped parking spaces) is located on the south side of the complex.
- Acoustiguide Audio Guide players are free for visitors who are blind or visually impaired.
The research library and collections are available to the public for research use. The library is open Tuesday through Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The collections are available for research use by appointment with the Museum Archivist at 816.888.8121 or the Senior Curator at 816.888.8120.