Hours & Admission
Open Tuesday through Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Closed Mondays (except Holiday Mondays and during summer hours)
Open Daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Memorial Day - Labor Day)
The Museum is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturdays.
The Museum is closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve Day, Christmas Day, New Year's Day and May 14.
The Museum is also open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on occasional Mondays throughout the year (in addition to during the summer). In 2016, this includes Jan. 18 (Martin Luther King Jr. Day), Feb. 15 (Presidents Day), May 30 (Memorial Day), Sept. 5 (Labor Day) and Dec. 26.
The National World War I Museum and Memorial 2-Day Pass includes access to all galleries, special exhibits and the Liberty Memorial Tower* on two consecutive days. If purchased Sunday, and the Museum is closed Monday, the second day is Tuesday. Tickets to visit the Liberty Memorial Tower only are $5.
|Students (18+ with ID)||$12|
|Children under 6||FREE|
Discounts (with ID)
|Active Duty Military||50% off|
|Active Duty Family||$2 off|
|Area Convention Attendees (must present ID)||$2 off|
Current Special Admissions:
World War Wednesdays - All tickets are $7 every Wednesday. No coupon necessary. No other discounts apply.
The Museum accepts cash, travelers checks, company/organization checks and MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover. The Museum also has an on-site ATM machine available.
The Museum currently offers complimentary guided tours with paid admission for up to 25 individuals on Thursdays at 2 p.m. Tour availability is on a first come, first serve basis with wristbands available at the Museum ticketing window.
The Museum is committed to making its collections, buildings, programs and services accessible to all audiences. All Museum galleries are accessible to wheelchair/scooter users and other visitors who need to avoid stairs. Unfortunately, the Liberty Memorial Tower (built in 1926) is not accessible to wheelchairs. To reach the top of the Tower, one must ride an elevator and then climb 45 steps.
- The Museum has a limited number of wheelchairs and scooters (18+ and driver's licence required) available for free at Guest Services on a first-come, first-served basis. Advance reservations are not allowed.
- Service animals are welcome in the Museum.
- Free parking (including handicapped parking spaces) is located on the south side of the complex.
- Acoustiguide Audio Guide players are free for visitors who are blind or visually impaired.
The research library and collections are available to the public for research use. The library is open Tuesday through Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The collections are available for research use by appointment with the Museum Archivist at 816.888.8121 or the Senior Curator at 816.888.8120.
* Circumstances may arise when the Liberty Memorial Tower is unavailable due to conditions such as thunder/lightning, snow/ice, a prohibitively high heat index and infrastructure maintenance. On those occasions, guests purchasing an admission ticket can receive a complimentary ticket to ascend to the top of the Tower at a later date.