Policies & Permits
Expressive Activity Policy
Download a copy of the permit.
The National World War I Museum and Memorial is committed to providing an environment where issues can be openly discussed and explored. The freedom to exchange views is essential to the mission of the museum. This policy is in place to provide a community environment in which open discussion can occur without disrupting the educational mission or daily Museum functions, subject to constitutional time, place, and manner limitations and without unconstitutionally interfering with the rights of other members of the Museum.
Anyone wishing to exercise their rights to free speech must have a permit while on our property. All permit requests must be completely filled-out and submitted 21 days in advance of the requested day. Permit requests should be forwarded to:
National World War I Museum and Memorial
Attention: Museum President & CEO
2 Memorial Drive
Kansas City, MO 64108
Rental Policies & Procedures
In order to maintain the historical integrity of the National World War I Museum and Memorial, certain guidelines must be met. The following is a brief list of guidelines.
- Please remember that the National World War I Museum and Memorialis, first and foremost, a historic memorial & museum, and it exists for the benefit of the public, which may place constraints on the facility and its availability.
- No implications can be made through written material or media relations that the National World War I Museum and Memorial is sponsoring the event or has endorsed the organization sponsoring the event. Any written materials that are used to promote the event must be approved by the Museum in advance.
- Alcoholic beverages may be served by the caterer in an open or cash bar setting. Alcohol cannot be taken out of the event area.
- A list of all performers, entertainers and other service-related vendors servicing the event must be sent via e-mail to the Events Department a week prior to the event.
- Clients renting event or meeting spaces may contact the Events Department a email@example.com or 816.888.8111.
- For catering needs, the Over There Café provides catering services for breakfast, lunch, dinner and receptions. Contact Melodie Johnson at 816.888.8130 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Over There Café catering menu.
- If a cancellation is made within 60 days of a scheduled event the deposit will not be returned.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the facility.
- Food and beverages are not allowed in the Museum Galleries or J.C. Nichols Auditorium.
- Balloons, candles, glitter, rice, birdseed, flower petals, or confetti are not permitted anywhere in the facility.
- You are responsible for conveying our policies to any vendors and their failure to respect our guidelines could result in forfeiture of your damage deposit.
- Please note that at this time, the Museum does not book weddings.
Privacy is of great concern to the National World War I Museum and Memorial. It is the policy of the National World War I Museum and Memorial that personal information such as your name, postal and e-mail addresses, telephone number, credit card number, donation details, etc. is private and confidential. Accordingly, the personal information you provide is stored in a secure location, accessible only by designated staff, and is used only for the purpose for which you provided the information (such as to reply to your request or to handle your donation payment).
For example, when you make a donation, the personal information you provide will be used to process your donation. The National World War I Museum and Memorial may also use your information for future communications with you regarding donations. Personal information will not be released to third parties except to further the purpose for which you provided the information, such as sending your credit card information to our bank for processing of your donation, or seeking expert opinion from advisors regarding a gift planning intent you may have indicated, or if release is required by law or is pertinent to judicial or governmental investigations or proceedings.
The National World War I Museum and Memorial has created this Privacy Statement to explain why we collect particular information and how we will protect your personal privacy within our website. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for the website (Site) located at the URL www.theworldwar.org.
In order to fully understand your rights we encourage you to read this Privacy Statement carefully. The National World War I Museum and Memorial reserves the right at any time and without notice to change this Privacy Statement simply by posting such changes on our Site. Any such change will be effective immediately upon posting.
Because we want to demonstrate our commitment to your privacy, this Privacy Statement notifies you of:
- What personally identifiable information of yours is collected through the Site
- Who collects such information
- How such information is used
- With whom your information may be shared
- What choices you have regarding collection, use and distribution of your information
- What kind of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in your information
Questions regarding this statement should be directed to the National World War I Museum and Memorial by sending an email to email@example.com. Please reference "Privacy Statement" in your subject line.
What Information We Collect and How We Use That Information:
Our membership forms require users to give us contact information that may include name, e-mail address, format preference (HTML vs. text), address, interests, and similar information. We do not request or store sensitive information from our visitors, such as credit card or social security numbers.
Help Us Keep Your Personal Information Accurate
If your personal information changes or you would like to review the personal information we may have on file, please e-mail us with the new information or your review request at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us also know what led to your submission of personal information so we may efficiently locate your information.
Internet Protocol Address:
We collect an IP address from all visitors to our Site. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, administer our Site, analyze trends, track users’ movement, gather broad demographic information for aggregate use in order for us to improve the Site, and deliver customized, personalized content. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Use of “Cookies”:
All information provided to the National World War I Museum and Memorial is transmitted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. SSL is a proven coding system that lets your browser automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before you send it to us. We also protect account information by placing it on a secure portion of our Site that is only accessible by certain qualified employees of the National World War I Museum and Memorial. ;Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of such information.
Other Web Sites:
Our Site contains links to other Web sites. Please note that when you click on one of these links, you are entering another Web site for which the National World War I Museum and Memorial has no responsibility. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on all such sites as their policies may be different than ours.
Use of Information on the Web Site:
All information including text, photographs, graphics, etc. are protected under the United States copyright laws. No materials may be copied, reproduced, distributed, displayed or downloaded without the written consent of the National World War I Museum and Memorial.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, the practices of this Site, or your dealings with this Site, you can contact the National World War I Museum and Memorial at email@example.com or at 816.888.8100.