Book a Group Tour
Scheduling your Group
Reservations can be made up to one year in advance. It is recommended that you schedule your tour at least two weeks in advance of the arrival date if you would like a tour guide. Tour guide availability is limited and not available in all cases. Please contact us as soon as possible to determine if the desired day and time is available. Group tours are scheduled throughout the day, so please be prepared to provide several options of times that would work for your group tour. Private tours are not available on Saturdays. Plan between 1½ and 2 ½ hours for your visit.
Complete a group tour online inquiry form below for group tours and military groups.
For school groups, please visit the Plan a Field Trip page.
The Museum is designed to be a self-guided experience. However, our knowledgeable museum guides add additional insight to your experience and are included for groups of 15 or more. Guides are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis and require at least one week of advance notice.
Please notify us as soon as possible to cancel an existing reservation.
Payment can be made in advance or on the day of the visit. We accept credit cards, company checks and cash. The Museum does not provide direct billing or receive purchase orders for payment. Deposits are not required. We prefer groups to pay for admission with one credit card or check.
After payment has been made by the group leader, tickets/wristbands will be provided. If a tour guide was requested, the tour will begin on the glass bridge at the entrance to the Museum.
Buses may unload at the top of the u-shaped drive and park near the end of the u-shaped drive or on Kessler Road. There are parking lots on the south side of the Memorial for car parking. The main entrance is down the short walkway and through the bronze doors, and ticketing is to the left after you enter.
- The Over There Café is also available for catering your meal. Please call 816.888.8110 for information and menu options.
- The Museum allows photography (including flash) and videotaping throughout the galleries, but tripods are not permitted.
- Backpacks and luggage are not permitted.
- The Liberty Memorial Tower is 217 feet tall and has an elevator; however, there are 45 steps at the top of the Tower that visitors must climb to reach the observation deck.
- Wheelchairs are available, free of charge, but they cannot be reserved in advance. They are located at ticketing and require a photo ID to be used.
For more information on group visits, contact:
Group Tours and Military Groups
Rebecca Murphy, Events Sales Specialist — 816.888.8110
School & University Groups
Tracy Dennis, Learning Coordinator — 816.888.8113