Military Ceremonies, Classes and Reunions
The National WWI Museum and Memorial is the ideal attraction for military reunions visiting the Greater Kansas City Area. The only museum of its kind in the country, National WWI Museum and Memorial shares lessons learned that are particularly poignant to those who have served together in the armed forces.
Many of the volunteers of the Museum and Memorial are not only expert guides, but also often retired military who offer a unique insight for veteran groups.
Group discounts are available and catering can be provided by Over There Café.
Meetings and Classes
Room fees are waived for groups of 15 or more who cater their meals through the Over There Café and schedule a tour for attendees.
Tour guides are available upon request, based on availability.
Commissioning and Promotion Ceremonies
Military Commissioning and Promotion ceremonies may be scheduled either on the Observation Deck or in Memory Hall at the National WWI Museum and Memorial at no charge when complying with the following guidelines:
- Ceremonies must be scheduled at least two weeks in advance. There is no guarantee that space will be available without prior written confirmation by the National WWI Museum and Memorial.
- The National WWI Museum and Memorial will not set up any additional items including chairs, tables, flags, etc. All existing furniture must remain in place and may not be moved by the guests of the ceremony. Removal of existing furniture or modifications made to the layout of the space will result in penalty charges to the ceremony organizer.
- Equipment needed for the ceremony must be approved in advance by the National WWI Museum and Memorial.
- Ceremonies may not last longer than one hour, and if held in Memory Hall, ceremonies must be completed by 4:30 p.m.
- Only clients who are currently active in the military will receive complimentary bookings in these locations for the purposes of Commission and Promotion ceremonies.
Please contact Group Sales at 816.888.8110 or email email@example.com to receive further information or to schedule any of the above events.
Celebrations of Life
The National WWI Museum and Memorial has unique spaces available for Celebration of Life ceremonies and memorials.
The Courtyard, Auditorium and Lobby spaces allow guests to socially distance, utilize on premise audio visual equipment and hold a private reception following services.
For more information call 816.888.8111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.