How to Commemorate Veterans Day in Kansas City
Discount Admission and Special Activities, Thursday, Nov. 11 — Sunday, Nov. 14, 2021
2021's Schedule of Events will be available soon.
Join us in honoring veterans with special activities, free public ceremonies on the grounds and free general admission for veterans and active duty military to the Museum and Memorial, Thursday, Nov. 11 – Sunday, Nov. 14, 2021. In addition, general admission is half price for the public. Buy your tickets online.
On Veterans Day, Americans are encouraged to commit themselves to the cause of peace and to honor the Nation’s veterans for their courage, honor, patriotism and sacrifice. The Museum and Memorial hosts commemoration events every November, highlighting the connections between Veterans Day and World War I.
- Show Up – Attend a Veterans Day event in your area.
- Donate – There a number of organizations that support veterans.
- Fly a Flag – Not sure of the proper etiquette? Look here.
- Ask Someone About their Service – Questions such as “What did you do in the military” and “How long did you serve” are great starting points.
- Write – Send a postcard, letter or email.
- Don’t Confuse Veterans Day with Memorial Day – Veterans Day is a time to thank people for their service. Memorial Day is meant to reflect on those who gave their lives during service.
- Visit a VA Hospital – Many host special events on Veterans Day.
- Get Outdoors with a Veteran – Admission to national parks is free for everyone on Veterans Day.
Learn more about the Origins of Veterans Day