The Modern Gala: Time Travel
Saturday, July 13, 2019 — 7-11 p.m.
Check out the Photographs from Modern Gala: Time Travel and images from this year's Photo Booth.
The Modernists welcome all time-daring voyagers to an unprecedented gathering in the year 2019 to Modern Gala: Time Travel, an otherworldly soirée where the past will meet its future in a mind-bending journey to the fourth dimension inside the walls of the National WWI Museum and Memorial.
Meet fellow travelers and explore the ripples of time through entertainment, dazzling beverages, hors d'oeuvres, a memorable time travelers toast, dancing and much more in the spirit of centuries past and historical camaraderie. Indulge in the fantasy of time travel and get inspired by the elegant fashions of an era you wish to visit. Prepare yourself for the most stimulating event of the summer, in support of the Museum and Memorial.
Travelers from all eras welcome! Tickets are $50 for members, $75 for non-members. Become a member today.
YOUR TICKET INCLUDES
Time travel can be mind-bending and full of surprises, but here is what you can expect at Modern Gala: Time Travel:
- Admission to the Kansas City debut of a sizzling costume party that spans the centuries and indulges our time travel fantasies
- A grand welcome to the 21st century, with activities and pointers on how to make the most of your evening and meet new people, whether you’re traveling solo or with friends
- Historical camaraderie amongst a crowd of fellow time travelers, dressed from all eras
- Futuristic photo ops
- Blast-from-the-past cocktails and creative mocktails
- Flowing beer from Kansas City Bier Company
- Inventive hors d’oeurves
- Timeless desserts
- A rare opportunity to experience the Museum galleries after hours with a live strings player
- A dance party on the glass bridge to music from the ages with DJ Max James
- Mind-bending and stimulating conversations with experts on history and the fourth dimension
- Timeline games and fun opportunities to win gift cards and special prizes
- The opportunity to support the future of the National WWI Museum and Memorial through raffles and unique auction items
- A time travelers’ toast to cap off the night!
It’s essential for any serious time-traveler to be well-versed in the time continuum. Test your historical smarts with “Pin the Tale on History.” For $50 you can test your time travel readiness, support the Museum and Memorial AND win great prizes like tickets to see Ben Folds and the Violent Femmes, everything you need for a great evening at Up-Down or a relaxing massage at Scents of Touch.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to purchase a super exclusive trip to the top of the Liberty Memorial Tower at sunset that evening. One group of 4 people will be able to toast Kansas City from the top of the Tower with a professional photographer and a bottle of bubbly to capture this seriously Instagrammable, one-of-a-kind experience. Snag this at 8 p.m. and have the best holiday card of 2019.
Not sure about heights, but still want to make our future bright? Raise your paddle to support subsidized school trips for underserved schools during our Funding the Future drive.
It's a costume party! Pick an era and dress to impress at this fancy dress gala.
(Please be sensitive and respectful in choosing a costume, and come in peace! Warriors, please leave your swords and other weaponry at home. The Museum and Memorial reserves the right to ask attendees to change if the costume is deemed inappropriate. Have a question about your costume? We welcome any questions at email@example.com.)
MOD PERK: Receive 20% off your KC Costume Company rental or purchase when you show your Modern Gala ticket confirmation at check-out.
WHO SHOULD COME
Time travelers 21-and-up and from all eras are welcome! (Open to both members and non-members.)