The Modern Gala: High Seas
Saturday, June 30, 2018, 7 - 11 p.m.
- Buy Tickets -
You are invited to step aboard a dazzling "ocean liner" on June 30 for its first wartime journey across the Atlantic in 1918. At this seaworthy soiree, experience the thrill of an elegant, turn-of-the-century ocean voyage with rousing music, salty cocktails and fortifying wines, ports of call, dancing and dares, and on-board intrigue. Modern Gala: High Seas will sweep you away on a much-needed adventure, while also supporting the National WWI Museum and Memorial.
You will find the "ship" docked at East9 at Pickwick Plaza (933 McGee St.) in downtown Kansas City on June 30, at 7 p.m.
Coinciding with the 100th anniversary of ocean liners refitted for military action in WWI, step aboard as a glamorous citizen on your way to Europe, or as a member of the gritty seafaring crew, or among the eager and brave sailors, soldiers, or nurses on the way to action, or as a local at a port of call. Bon Voyage!
• Dance and listen to live jazz music with Bram Wijnands.
• Enjoy heavy seafaring hors d'oeuvres, with ice cream from Betty Rae’s Ice Cream, wines curated by Cellar Rat Wine Merchants, salty cocktails and beer from Kansas City Bier Company and Central States Beverage Co. Flowers provided by Flowers by Emily.
• In the auction, bid on a week-long vacation in Mexico at a 5-star Vidanta resort.
• Prize packages for the evening's games provided by Hatchery House, The Russell, Bailey Pianalto Photography and more.
• Get your photo taken and play nautical games and challenges.