Jazz on the Lawn: A Modern Picnic
Saturday, June 26, 2021, 5-8 p.m. – Buy Tickets
“I wish we could spend July by the sea, browning ourselves and feeling water-weighted hair flow behind us from a dive. I wish our gravest concerns were the summer gnats. I wish we were hungry for hot dogs and dopes, and it would be nice to smell the starch of summer linens and the faint odor of talc in blistering summer bath-houses ... We could lie in long citroneuse beams of the five o’clock sun on the plage at Juan-les-Pins and hear the sound of the drum and piano being scooped out to sea by the waves.” — Zelda Fitzgerald
Channel the summery beachside spirit of America’s First Flapper with the hottest Jazz band in town! Raise a glass in support of the National WWI Museum and Memorial while you picnic in style on our historic lawn – in view of the spectacular Kansas City skyline – as Grand Marquis sweeps you all the way back to the ‘20s (the 1920s, of course).
Saturday, June 26, 2021, 5–8 p.m.
North Lawn of the National WWI Museum and Memorial
What to bring:
• Your ticket
• A delicious picnic spread
• Blankets or lawn chairs
• Cocktails or Mocktails to toast in style – see our special offering with Tom’s Town
• A discerning eye for the silent auction
• Summery 1920s style! Think timeless linens, elegant and breezy dresses, bright colors, and hats to keep you shaded. See our Pinterest board for inspiration.
Tickets are $55 - $150 per square for Members
$80 - $175 per square for Non-Members
(Not a member? Join today!)
Your ticket includes:• A 10' x 10' Picnic Square space on the lawn, allowing up to four (4) attendees
• Admission to the sizzlingest Jazz Age lawn party in Kansas City
• A three-hour concert with “blues/roots/soul powerhouse” Grand Marquis
• The opportunity to support the future of the National WWI Museum and Memorial through unique auction items
• Keepsake paddle fans
• Free parking
All proceeds support the National WWI Museum and Memorial
• Ticket prices are per Square – so for a $55 Square with four attendees in it, the cost breaks down to $13.75 per person!
• 10' x 10' Picnic Squares will be pre-painted on the lawn and placed 6' apart.
• Attendees are encouraged to follow safe social distancing outside of your squares.
• Picnic spaces are first-come, first-served within each Tier. Check-in begins at 4:45 p.m. – arrive early to pick your spot!
• Bring Your Own Blanket
• Bring Your Own Cocktails
• ADA accessible: contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 816.888.8129 for details.
• Outdoor restrooms and handwashing station will be available.
Suggested dress code:
• Be a cool cat in summer cocktail attire.
The Museum Store has these oh-so-stylish blue and white camp mugs for sale, the better to toast your compatriots with. Head over to order them for delivery or for pick-up!
Sunday, June 27, 2021, 5–8 p.m.
Francis Family Foundation