Jazz on the Lawn: A Modern Picnic
Saturday, Aug. 29, 2020, 5 p.m. - 8:15 p.m.
Join The Modernists on the historic lawn of the National WWI Museum and Memorial to celebrate the spirit of the early 1920s with the hottest Jazz band in town, Grand Marquis, as well as former Mayor Sly James and DJ Hartzell Gray. Celebrate the sounds of a century as we safely gather (picnic-style) to raise a glass in support of the Museum and Memorial while enjoying a spectacular view of Kansas City. We’ll provide the food trucks but you are welcome to bring your own picnic – just don’t forget something sweet to celebrate Charlie Parker’s 100th birthday!
North Lawn of the National WWI Museum and Memorial, overlooking Union Station and the city skyline.
Tickets are $35-$80 for Members
($45-$100 for Non-members)
Not a member? Join Today!
Jazz on the Lawn tickets are now sold out
Your Ticket Includes
• Admission to the debut of a sizzling jazz-age lawn party overlooking the downtown Kansas City skyline
• A spectacular concert with Grand Marquis
• The opportunity to support the future of the National WWI Museum and Memorial through raffles and unique auction items
• Keepsake paddle fans
• Free parking
• 10' x 10' Picnic Squares will be pre-painted on the lawn and placed 6' apart. Attendees are encouraged to wear masks and follow safe social distancing.
• Picnic Spaces are first-come, first-served within each pricing Tier. Arrive at 5 p.m. to pick your spot!
• Bring Your Own Blanket
• Bring Your Own Cocktails
• ADA accessible, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 816.888.8129 for details
• Outdoor restrooms will be available
Stay cool in summer cocktail attire