Special Preview Screening of New Angelina Jolie-Directed Film Unbroken
Proceeds Benefit Museum
Event Is Sold Out
Excited for the new film "Unbroken" from Academy Award® winner Angelina Jolie?
You can watch the movie before it opens in theaters across the country when the National World War I Museum hosts a special preview screening on Tuesday, Dec. 16!
Presented by Waddell & Reed and Ivy Funds in conjunction with Universal Pictures and Legendary Pictures, the event features a VIP Reception, a Preview Reception and a screening of "Unbroken." The film is based on the life of Olympian and war hero Louis "Louie" Zamperini (portrayed by Jack O'Connell) who, along with two other crewmen, survived in a raft for 47 days after a near-fatal plane crash in World War II only to be caught by the Japanese navy and sent to a prisoner-of-war camp.
The receptions for the benefit preview screening begin at 6 p.m. and will be followed by the film screening at 7 p.m. in J.C. Nichols Auditorium at the Museum. Tickets to the VIP Reception and screening are $250 and include unlimited premium food and beverages, a commemorative movie poster and access to Red Carpet movie backdrop with professional photographer. Tickets to the Preview Reception and screening are $100 and include two drink tickets, light snacks, a commemorative movie poster and access to movie backdrop photo opportunity.
Guests also have the opportunity to participate in a benefit auction before the screening featuring several items, including:
- Commemorative "Unbroken" poster signed by Angelina Jolie and the cast
- Signed copy of "Unbroken" book by Louis Zamperini
- Personal tour of the National World War I Museum with former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Richard Myers
- Two-night Presidential Suite package at The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center for four (includes $100 food credit, $100 gift card to Pierpont's, Museum passes and lunch at the Over There Cafe)
- Four tickets to the Lyric Opera of Kansas City's production of "Silent Night" with access to the Ewing and Muriel Kauffman Reception Suite
Additional support for the event is provided by UMB Bank along with Ash Grove Cement Company, Burns & McDonnell, Edward Jones, Polsinelli, Sporting KC, The Westin Kansas City at Crown Center, the Independent, the Kansas City Sports Commission and Pierpont's.
All proceeds from the event benefit the National World War I Museum, which is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization that receives no federal funding.