WWI 360: Teach Like an Ace
An Interactive and Interdisciplinary WWI Teacher Workshop in 360 Minutes
This one-day workshop, sponsored by the U.S. World War One Centennial Commission, offers a blend of meaningful content and primary-source focused methods for teaching WWI and its enduring impact. Learn to debunk common WWI misconceptions, how to teach beyond the Western Front and why we need to teach WWI now more than ever.
Who should attend
5-12th grade educators interested in integrating WWI into humanities.
Registration costs covered with generous appreciation to the U.S. World War One Centennial Commission.
- Six hours of professional development (in most states)
- Cross-curricular teaching resources from the collection of the National WWI Museum and Memorial including:
- Copyright-free image, audio and document primary source sets
- Historical deliberation discussion guides
- Ready-to-use lesson plans with media enhancement opportunities for 1:1 classroom
- Student activities aligned with educational standards
- Opportunity for publication with National WWI Museum and Memorial
- Catered lunch and lots of coffee (we understand what fuels the army and the educator)
Locations & Dates
Sept. 13, 2019 — Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta | Atlanta, Ga.Register online
Oct. 4, 2019 — Maine Historical Society, Maine Council of Social Studies | Portland, MaineRegister online
Oct. 28, 2019 — Louisville Branch of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, Purdue University, Indiana War Memorial | Indianapolis, Ind.Register online
Nov. 7, 2019 — Gerald Ford Presidential Library and Museum, Michigan Council for Civic Education, Grand Valley State University | Grand Rapids, Mich.Register online
Feb. 13, 2020 — First Division Museum | Chicago, Ill.
Feb. 22, 2020 — Heinz History Center | Pittsburg, Pa.
April 16, 2020 — Michigan Council of Social Studies | Mich.
July 17, 2020 — Atlanta History Center | Atlanta, Ga.
Aug. 11, 2020 — Minnesota History Center | St. Paul, Minn.
Past EventsJuly 15, 2019 — Delaware History Society, Caesar Rodney School District | Dover, Del.
July 2, 2019 — Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis | St. Louis, Mo.
June 25, 2019 — Connecticut History Day, Connecticut State Department of History, Connecticut State Library | Hartford, Conn.
June 17, 2019 — Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City | Kansas City, Mo.
June 10, 2019 — Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, Ohio History Connection | Columbus, Ohio
April 11, 2019 — World War I and the Middle East, North Carolina Museum of History | Raleigh, N.C.
Feb. 23, 2019 — Center for Middle Eastern Studies at the University of Arizona | Tucson, Ariz.
Jan. 25, 2019 — Auburn University | Auburn, Ala.
Oct. 27, 2018 — William J. Clinton Presidential Center | Little Rock, Ark.