Liberty Bonds Program
Combination Tour with the Money Museum at the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
The National World War I Museum and Memorial and the Money Museum at the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City are excited to provide a full day of learning for high school students. Liberty Bonds: Funding the Great War is a special combination tour that includes a classroom lesson.
Students will tour the National World War I Museum and Memorial, paying special attention to the Liberty Loan program which allowed individuals to help the U.S. government fund the war. After a walk across the street, students will dig deeper into the Federal Reserve’s role in the Liberty Loan program. A Money Museum educator will guide them through a lesson showing how individual responsibility and personal budgeting helped win the war. After enjoying a boxed lunch at the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, students will finish the day by touring the Money Museum’s main gallery, and viewing the Bank’s cash processing and vault.
This unique opportunity is being offered on specific dates. Be a part of this exciting program and let your students see firsthand how history, government and economics combine and impact everyday life. Spaces are limited – please email email@example.com to book your tour today!
Combo tours are available on the following 2017 dates:
- Friday, September 29
- Tuesday, October 31
- Thursday, November 2
- Wednesday, November 8
- Friday, December 15
This is a full day of learning! Groups must arrive at 9 a.m. and will depart at 1:15 p.m. These tours are strictly limited to 50 students.
- 9 a.m. - Arrive at the NationalWorld War I Museum and Memorial
- 9 - 10:30 a.m. - Guided Tour *
- 10:30 a.m. - Depart for the Money Museum at the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
- 10:45 – 11:45 a.m. - Liberty Loans lesson
- 11:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. - Lunch, provided by the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
- 12:15-1:15 p.m. - Money Museum tour
- 1:15 p.m. - Depart
* Time at the National World War I Museum and Memorial will include a guided tour of the museum’s Main Gallery with special emphasis on the Liberty Loan program. This tour will not include access to the Edward Jones Research Center, Research Level gallery, exterior buildings or the Liberty Memorial Tower.
Tickets for this special tour at the National World War I Museum and Memorial are $3 per student (1 chaperone is free with every 10 students; additional adult tickets are $8 each.) Payment can be made in a single transaction with cash, credit or checks made to the Liberty Memorial Association. There is no charge for admission at the Money Museum. Lunches are provided for free by the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.