Liberty Bonds Program
Combination Tour with the Money Museum at the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
The National WWI Museum and Memorial and the Money Museum at the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City are excited to provide a full day of learning for middle and high school students. Liberty Bonds: Funding the Great War is a special combination tour that includes a classroom lesson.
Students will tour the National WWI Museum and Memorial, paying special attention to the Liberty Loan program which allowed individuals to help the U.S. government fund the war. After a walk across the street, students will dig deeper into the Federal Reserve’s role in the Liberty Loan program. A Money Museum educator will guide them through a lesson showing how individual responsibility and personal budgeting helped win the war. After enjoying a boxed lunch at the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, students will finish the day by touring the Money Museum’s main gallery, and viewing the Bank’s cash processing and vault.
This unique opportunity is being offered on specific dates. Be a part of this exciting program and let your students see firsthand how history, government and economics combine and impact everyday life. Spaces are limited – please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your tour today!
Combo tour reservations are no longer available for Spring 2020. To reserve your spot for Fall 2020, please check back in August for specific dates available.
Groups must arrive at 9 a.m. and will depart at 12:45 p.m. These tours are strictly limited to 50 students.
- 9 a.m. - Arrive at the National WWI Museum and Memorial
- 9 - 10:30 a.m. - Guided Tour *
- 10:30 a.m. - Depart for the Money Museum at the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
- 10:45 – 11:45 a.m. - Liberty Loans lesson
- 11:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. - Lunch, provided by the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
- 12:15-12:45 p.m. - Money Museum tour
- 12:45 p.m. - Depart
* Time at the National WWI Museum and Memorial will include a guided tour of the museum’s Main Gallery with special emphasis on the Liberty Loan program. This tour will not include access to the Edward Jones Research Center, Research Level gallery, exterior buildings or the Liberty Memorial Tower.
Tickets for this special tour at the National WWI Museum and Memorial are $5 per student (1 chaperone is free with every 10 students; additional adult tickets are $8 each.) Payment can be made in a single transaction with cash, credit or checks made to the Liberty Memorial Association. There is no charge for admission at the Money Museum. Lunches are provided for free by the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.