WWI 360: Teach Like an Ace
An Interactive and Interdisciplinary WWI Teacher Workshop in 360 Minutes
This one-day workshop, sponsored by the U.S. World War One Centennial Commission, offers a blend of meaningful content and primary-source focused methods for teaching WWI and its enduring impact. Learn to debunk common WWI misconceptions, how to teach beyond the Western Front and why we need to teach WWI now more than ever.
Who should attend
5-12th grade educators interested in integrating WWI into humanities.
Registration costs covered with generous appreciation to the U.S. World War One Centennial Commission.
- Six hours of professional development (in most states)
- Cross-curricular teaching resources from the collection of the National WWI Museum and Memorial including:
- Copyright-free image, audio and document primary source sets
- Historical deliberation discussion guides
- Ready-to-use lesson plans with media enhancement opportunities for 1:1 classroom
- Student activities aligned with educational standards
- Opportunity for publication with National WWI Museum and Memorial
- Catered lunch and lots of coffee (we understand what fuels the army and the educator)
Locations & Dates
Check back soon for more upcoming dates and locations.
Feb. 22, 2020 — Senator John Heinz History Center | Pittsburg, Pa.
Feb. 13, 2020 — First Division Museum at Cantigny Park | Wheaton, Ill.
Feb. 8, 2020 — Bullock Texas State History Museum | Austin, Texas
Nov. 7, 2019 — Gerald R. Ford Presidential Foundation, Michigan Center for Civic Education, Michigan Council for History Education | Grand Rapids, Mich.
Oct. 28, 2019 — Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis - Louisville Branch, Indiana Council for Economic Education, Indiana War Memorial | Indianapolis, Ind.
Oct. 4, 2019 — Maine Historical Society and Maine Council for the Social Studies | Portland, Maine
Sept. 29, 2019 — Iowa Council for the Social Studies | Altoona, Iowa
Sept. 13, 2019 — Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta | Atlanta, Ga.
July 15, 2019 — Delaware Historical Society | Dover, Del.
July 2, 2019 — Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis | St. Louis, Mo.
June 25, 2019 — Connecticut History Day, Connecticut State Department of History, Connecticut State Library | Hartford, Conn.
June 17, 2019 — Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City | Kansas City, Mo.
June 10, 2019 — Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, Ohio History Connection | Columbus, Ohio
April 11, 2019 — World War I and the Middle East, Duke-UNC Consortium for Middle East Studies, North Carolina Museum of History | Raleigh, N.C.
Feb. 23, 2019 — Center for Middle Eastern Studies at the University of Arizona | Tucson, Ariz.
Jan. 25, 2019 — Auburn University | Auburn, Ala.
Oct. 27, 2018 — William J. Clinton Presidential Center | Little Rock, Ark.